Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service is related to depositing and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server run by a web hosting vendor. There are various forms of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a peek at them. Doing so, you can decide what you want, based on whether you'd like to set up a web site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service provided by certain file storage providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting services are frequently supported by displaying ads beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given stretch of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inapt explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allot the workload between different bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web page hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given corporations provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you wish to share a large number of pics with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to tackling your e-mails. Some vendors offer web page hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email service. If you wish to manage an email address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your web page hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many videos as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you would like to own a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At enet, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are created for specific web content only.